Without a correct Wi-Fi password, the Reason ONE clock will not be able to connect to your Wi-Fi network. Also, if you are using a Wi-Fi network that is unsecured (no password), that will also not work, so make sure to use a secured Wi-Fi network. Please follow these following steps to troubleshoot the problem.
1. Make sure your phone or tablet is connected to a Wi-Fi network that supports the 2.4GHz band. Typically, the Wi-Fi network will support both, but if you have multiple Wi-Fi networks, one may be 5GHz with a 5G at the end of the network name. If you are not sure if the network supports 2.4GHz or not, you can check your router admin settings by logging in to the router tool on a web browser. Access to the settings depends on your router model, so please check the router manual for further instructions.
2. Disconnect from your Wi-Fi network using the "Forget network" option in your phone or tablet's Wi-Fi settings.
3. Unplug your router from the wall outlet or charger and wait for around 10 seconds. Afterwards, replug it back in and wait for the router to start up. You may need to press the ON button on the router if it has one.
4. Reconnect to the same network and enter the Wi-Fi password when prompted.
5. If the password you entered is incorrect, you'll need to check to make sure there weren't any typos. If the password continually is incorrect, that means you'll either need to search for the Wi-Fi password if you wrote it down somewhere. Otherwise, you may need to factory reset the Wi-Fi router to set it up with a new password.
6. If the password is correct, you'll be connected automatically to your Wi-Fi network.
7. Make sure the Wi-Fi password doesn't contain any unusual characters. Particularly, these characters will not work with our clock: · / \ " The only characters that will work are numbers and letters, as well as special characters like: ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( )
8. For iPhone users, if you are having issues, it is also recommended to turn off Bluetooth and Cellular service. (After setup is complete, you can turn Bluetooth and Cellular service back on.)
9. Open the Reason Home app, and tap Add a Device. Then go through the steps following the instructions screen. For iPhone users, if the app prompts you to use Bluetooth, just tap Close.
10. When the app asks you to enter a password, make sure to hit the "Show password" toggle to double-check before tapping Next.
11. If the clock says Wi-Fi connected successfully, then the clock has been connected to your Wi-Fi network. Even if it does not show up in the app, you can get it to show by either refreshing the Home screen or quitting the app and opening it again. You could also try logging out of the app and then re-logging back in.
12. If the clock says nothing and Wi-Fi connection times out or some other issue arises, you can submit a log of the issue to us, and we'll contact you once we have an answer. You can submit a log by going to the Reason Home app and then to the Profile tab at the bottom right. Tap Feedback and fill in the blank boxes. Make sure "Send error log" is checked blue, then tap Submit.